Tips for New Homeschooling Parents during the COVID-19 Crisis
We all started from somewhere but not all of us were able to get advice – well, good advice that would actually help us in our situations. So I wanted to make sure that the new homeschool moms who were forced into it due to the coronavirus situation are at least with help. The following list is from my “Mommie Blog” at www.themommiechronicles.com and are my absolute favorite tips for new homeschool families. You can read the entire article there and I will link it below as well. I have however created a summary of the list used on my blog for ease of reading. My list is based on my failures and breakthroughs in homeschooling over the past years and hope that it will be an encouragement during these harsh times. I encourage you all today to try them and share them. If you find yourself struggling with this new situation of having your children at home during the COVID-19 crisis and teaching them- you are not alone. It took me a year and a half to get it and it was very hard at first because I do have one child on the autism spectrum. My advice is to also go to Youtube and type “new to homeschool” and listen to all of the other moms there giving you this same advice. It works and I believe it will work for you. Be blessed.
TIPS FOR NEW HOMESCHOOL FAMILIES
1. DO NOT TRY TO reenact “SCHOOL” AT HOME- it will not work. Instead, homeschool them.
2. Each child is different and learns differently.
3. Do not time school at home like a normal school day.
4. Give many breaks, lots of time outside, AND hands-on sensory time.
5. Make your environment one that the kids can learn in.
6. If you are spiritual – Practice this in the morning before learning time.
7. Plan ahead and wake up before your kids.
8. Use what you have at home. The best way to teach is to use your resources up.
There is no need to go buy lots of stuff.
9. Use online sites such as ABCMouse or Khan Academy, Readingeggs, Homer, Teachyourmonstertoread, etc.
10. Establish good routines and habits while at home.
In addition to establishing a good routine, I suggest beginning homeschool a bit later than what they know from school.
To read this article in its entirety with a full explanation of each tip that is offered above, visit my Mommie blog at www.themommiechronicles.com.
I will continue to blog about Mommie life there for all of you moms that follow Nishmati! So be sure to “like”, “subscribe”, and “follow” both blogs! – Love, Keturah
CLICK the photo below FOR THE TIPS IN A FREE & EASY DOWNLOAD TO SHARE!